Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Multicultural Romances are Huge These Days--What I'm Reading

The romance genre has greatly expanded, including multicultural heroes and heroines. The RWA (Romance Writers of America) magazine the RWR (Romance Writers Report) publishes many articles about the explosive growth of multicultural and LGBT romance. I'm so glad to see the industry reflecting the real world and publishing stories about all different kinds of people. Romance is what makes the world go round, of course!
I'm currently reading MINARET by Leila Aboulela and thoroughly enjoying it. Najwa, a young Muslim woman and her family are forced into exile in London. What made me realize that it began in the summer of '78 was a song she mentions by Boney M., which was a huge hit when I visited London that summer. I hadn't heard that song in ages!



MINARET on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow