Wednesday, January 13, 2016

TEN-PART SERIES 'MAKING A MURDERER' About Accused Killer Steven Avery

At the recommendation of a friend, I started watching a 10-episode series on NetFlix, Making a Murderer, about a Wisconsin man Steven Avery who was accused of sexual assault in 1985. He was found guilty but was released in 2003 when the Innocence Project helped him in the finding of DNA that matched another man. In 2005, Avery was arrested for the murder of Wisconsin photographer Teresa Halbach. He was conv...icted in 2007. I'm up to Episode 7, his trial. I do know he was found guilty because of what I read about in the Boston Globe and saw on CNN, but don't want to skip ahead until I've seen the entire series. Since I started watching it last week, I've been hearing about it everywhere, the Globe, CNN, and even a DJ on a radio station, who said she believes he's innocent. If you've seen the series and are familiar with the case, please leave a comment; it's fascinating to talk about. At this point I believe he's innocent, too, for several reasons.
Thanks, Diana

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/12/10755690/netflix-making-a-murderer-avery-guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow